Medical Exercise Specialist
METI Mission Statement
To "Bridge the Gap Between Healthcare and Fitness" by providing forums to educate fitness professionals to work cooperatively with medical professionals to develop safe and effective fitness and conditioning programs for clients with musculoskeletal, neurological, metabolic and cardiovascular conditions. The effectiveness of these fitness programs is based on functional outcome measures universally understood by medical professionals, fitness professionals and insurance carriers. The goal is to make medical exercise training the next logical step for clients and medical professionals after discharge from physical therapy, chiropractic care and medical care.
Register for the PRCS Track
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about the PRCS certification.
As a Medical Exercise Specialist, what can I do?
- Every skill learned noted in the PRCS program as well as;
- Communicate effectively with medical professionals and insurance carrier;.
- Identify the red flags and warning signs indicating th client needs evaluation and treatment from licensed medical professionals;
- Document both assessment and training sessions using standardized medical exercise administrative forms and methods;
- Perform a functional assessment on the medical exercise client to determine the client’s functional abilities as a measure of the effectiveness of the exercise program;
- Develop an effective marketing program to establish relationships with medical professionals in the local community;
- Understand the role and scope of practice for the Medical Exercise Specialist and
- Apply safe and effective medical exercise techniques for the upper extremity, lower extremity, cervical and lumbar spines and organ systems.
What is the MES Study Group?
If you prefer a structured learning environment but you are not able to travel to the MES workshop, or spend 2 days away from your clients’, then the MES Study Group (MESSG) is the best option for you. The MES Study Group offers combination the best of a live MES workshop and the MEST Series. Learn at home or in the office via detailed live sessions with the leading medical exercise educator – Dr Mike.
Here’s how the MES Study Group works … MES Study Group consists of 12 teleseminar sessions. Each session reviews a module in the MEST series. The modules are lessons from the MEST series. The MES Study Group requires a three (3) month commitment to complete all lessons and pass the MES certification exam. Study group sessions usually meet in the evenings at 9pm ET/6pm PT. You may enter the MES Study Group at anytime.
- Register for the MES Study Group by using one of our payment options. Receive immediate access to the 50 MEST lessons the MES Study Group members area and participation in the live MES Study Group sessions. Click here for the detailed MES study group schedule and dates.
- Access the MEST Series modules in the comfort of your home or fitness studio.
- Participate in twelve 90-minute MES Study Group sessions. The founder and creator of the Medical Exercise Specialist certification, “Dr. Mike” will be the primary instructor for each MESSG session. Each MESSG session reviews in detail the concepts included in the MEST lessons. This will allow you to obtain the required skills and knowledge to pass the MES exam and begin “Bridging the Gap Between Healthcare and Fitness”.
- Each 90-minute MESSG session is recorded and posted to the MES Study Group’s members’ area within 24 hours of the call. Only MES Study Group members will have access to this website. MESSG participants receive a session guide and slides handout for each session.
- If you select the $572.50 monthly installment payment, the second payment is automatically debited to your credit card, debit card or checking account in 30 days. You are free to study and learn the latest post rehab guidelines. Register for the MES Study Group by making the first $572.50 installment. Click the button above to register.
- Once you have completed the MES Study Group and all the MES quizzes, you are ready to schedule your final MES exam. The final exam is included in your registration fee.
- The MES Study Group is for the serious-minded only! Once you have joined the group, absolutely no refunds! No exceptions! We aim for a 100% SUCCESS RATE!
What is the MES On-site Workshop?
You may attend the MES On-Site workshop.
The 2-day MES workshop is intense and goes along with our MES Study Group and the MEST series.
These serve as preparation for the MES Onsite workshop.
Each MES onsite participant must complete the MES Study Group.
This ensures each onsite workshop participant has the necessary understanding of clinical anatomy and pathology and the Medical Exercise Foundations to understand the advanced medical exercise concepts introduced in the onsite workshop.
The MES onsite reviews guidelines and strategies to manage a wide range of medical conditions using exercise.
The combination of the MEST lessons, MES Study Group and the MES onsite workshop will give you all the information you need to manage a wide range of medical exercise/post rehab clients and build a successful and profitable practice.
How do I obtain the MES certification?
The Medical Exercise Specialist Online Training (MEST) – this is for the self-paced learner. Our MES online training allows you the flexibility to obtain the knowledge and skill to manage medical exercise clients and build a successful practice. The option gives you immediate access to the 50 MEST online lessons. You have one year to complete the program and take the final MES exam.
Medical Exercise Specialist Study Group (MESSG) – this option gives you immediate access to the 50 MES Online lessons as well as a structured learning schedule to help you stay on track to complete the MES program. The option uses 12 live webinars to augment the MES online lessons. We highly recommend this option to maximize your learning experience without the cost of travel.
Medical Exercise Specialist 2-Day Onsite Workshop (MES On-site) – this option allows you to attend the 2-day MES workshop. At the onsite workshop you will participate in an advanced hands-on presentation of the material contained in the MES program. You also receive access to the 12 live webinars in the MES Study Group and the 50 MEST online lessons. This is the ultimate medical exercise learning experience.
The MES track is far more detailed than any other medical fitness workshops in the world. The MES certification is for the medical exercise professional working with a wide range of medical exercise clients. During the MES Onsite workshop, Dr Mike uses case studies from actual MET clients to allow you to learn application of medical exercise guidelines and protocols.
What are some of the conditions I will learn to work with in the MES program?
|Fibromyalgia||Carpal Tunnel Syndrome||Cerebrovascular Accident|
|ACL Rupture||Tennis Elbow||Achilles Tendon Rupture|
|Ankle Fracture||Lumbar Disc Herniation||Cervical Strain|
|Thoracic Outlet Syndrome||Patellofemoral Syndrome||Total Hip Replacement|
|Total Knee Replacement||Rotator Cuff Tear||Impingement Syndrome|
|Knee Meniscus Tear||Shoulder Dislocation||AC Joint Separation|
|Osteoarthritis||Rheumatoid Arthritis||Multiple Sclerosis|
|Osteoporosis||Hypertension||Cervical Disc Herniation|
|Diabetes||Patella Tendon Rupture||Total Shoulder Replacement|
|Bicipital Tendinitis||Meniscus Tear||Parkinson’s Disease|
|Lateral Stenosis||PCL Rupture||Tibial Plateau Fracture|
|Piriformis Syndrome||IT Band Syndrome||Patellectomy|
|Central Stenosis||Glenoid Labrum Tear||Spinal Stenosis|
|Golfer’s Elbow||Ankle Sprain||Scoliosis|
Should I become a Medical Exercise Specialist?
Absolutely! The MES certification is recommended for the fitness professional with an interest in making medical exercise training their specialty. Simply stated, the MES certification is for YOU if you are looking to increase your client base by managing medical conditions with exercise.
Click the button above to register or contact us.
When can I join the MES Study Group?
The MES Study Group offers rolling admissions. You may enter the study group at anytime. You do not have to wait for the beginning of the next study group to enter. Enter during any module and simply participate in the study group until you complete all the modules. You may continue indefinitely as a member of the MESSG program
Connect with us!
Read our blog, or sign up for the latest MES news and updates!