THE ADVANCED MEDICAL EXERCISE SPECIALIST (AMES) RESIDENCY
The Advanced Medical Exercise Specialist (AMES) Residency is for the medical exercise or post rehab professional with at least 3 years’ experience working with clients with chronic medical conditions.
The AMES will take your medical exercise skills and practice management ability to the next level, this allows you to communicate better with medical professionals, market to and reach more clients, produce faster and better outcomes with your clients as well as grow your practice income and profits.
The AMES is your next step in developing competence and confidence to train medical conditions and work with healthcare professionals!!
The 2020’s and 2030’s will see an explosion of medical exercise opportunities, more clients and referrals requiring greater skills and knowledge of ALL medical exercise professionals. As a medical exercise or post rehab professional are you ready for the challenges of managing more clients with complicated medical conditions?
WHAT IS THE AMES RESIDENCY?
The AMES residency is a one-year deep dive into Medical Exercise Training (MET). This program will immerse you in medical exercise training information, concepts, strategies and critical thinking so you understand exactly how to apply exercise programming for medical conditions. The AMES has 3 primary learning components:
- 26 Livestreaming Client Management Sessions
- a unique set of MET Professional Resources and
- a 4-Day onsite workshop in November 2021
- 90 – 120 Minute live sessions with MET instructors and clients
These 3 learning components provide a unique opportunity to obtain everything you need to completely transition from personal training into medical exercise training. The AMES increases and expands your skill level and knowledge in MET client management, assessment, and exercise techniques as well as other specialized MET skills.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL IN THE AMES?
You are passionate about exercise and believe in its value to enhance the health of your clients? You are committed to keeping up to date with cutting edge research in the field of medical exercise? If any of these things describe you, the Advanced Medical Exercise Specialist Residency is a perfect fit for you and your future.
The AMES is for qualified graduates of METI’s Medical Exercise Program Director, Medical Exercise Specialist and/or Post Rehab Conditioning Specialist programs, as well as corrective exercise specialists, massage therapists, PTAs, OTAs, strength coaches and kinesiologists. This one-year deep dive into medical exercise training will help you take your expertise and skills to a next level.
If you are a Medical Exercise Professional,
please answer these questions?
- Are you working with more challenging and complicated MET clients?
- Are you concerned you might injure a MET client?
- You feel there is more you need to know but cannot find the detailed information necessary?
- You feel like an imposter when it comes to communicating with medical professionals?
- You feel there is something missing with the exercise techniques you are using?
- You want to know more and expand your MET skills and understanding?
- You want to pull everything you’ve learned together into an effective MET system?
AMES LEARNING COMPONENTS
CLIENT MANAGEMENT SESSIONS
The AMES includes 26 LIVESTREAMING client management sessions. These sessions are the foundation of the AMES residency. Each live AMES client management session reviews in-depth MET assessment and exercise skills which provide a greater understanding so you can better train your clients. You will learn the step-by-step sequence of procedures to apply MET assessment and exercise techniques to medical conditions. These 90-minute to 2 hour live client demonstration sessions, along with the professional resources and the 4-day onsite workshop, will enhance your skills in key areas including:
- MET assessment
- MET exercise techniques
- MET protocols
- MET documentation
- MET program design
- MET progression guidelines
AMES PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
Developed specifically for AMES residents. These resources are unique and only available in the AMES residency. Each resource is vital and will help you develop your MET skills and effectively apply these to your clients to produce the best possible outcomes.
- Client Management Library – recordings of AMES client management sessions
- MAPPS – Medical Exercise Assessment Protocols and Progression System
- MET Skills Checklist & Assessments – step by step skill procedure checklists
- AMES Office Hours – Thursday evening Q&A sessions for AMES residents
- Client Strategy Sessions – live strategy sessions to develop MET programming for clients
- AMES Virtual Community – 24-hour online community for AMES residents
- MES Practice Management Systems – implementation of practice management systems
- AMES Case Studies – innovative MET program design based on actual MET clients
AMES 4-Day Hands-On Workshop
The AMES 4-Day hands-on workshop is the 3rd component of the AMES learning system. This workshop brings all the learning together from the client management sessions and professional resources into 4 days of hands-on application of MET techniques. We have three 4-day AMES workshop dates for 2022 in Houston, TX at Medical Fitness Pros (MFP). MFP is one of the premier medical exercise facilities in the world.
March 31st - April 3rd
July 28th - 31st
October 20th - 23rd
You may attend the 4-day workshop as part of the AMES residency program or you may wish to attend JUST the workshop separate from the residency. Registration only for the AMES workshop is $1000. Register below.
AMES 4-DAY WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Day 1 – Thursday
08:00 – 09:00 Intro
09:00 – 10:30 Medical History
10:30 – Noon Vital Signs
13:00 – 14:00 Functional Outcome Measures
14:00 – 16:45 Manual Muscle Testing
17:00 – 19.00 Goniometric Measurements
Day 2 – Friday
08:00 – 10:00 MET Histology
10:00 – Noon MET Neurology
13:00 – 14:00 Joint Arthrokinematics
14:00 – 17:00 Functional Assessment Scales
18:00 – 20:00 MET Documentation/ Communication
Day 3 – Saturday
08:00 – 10:00 Balance Assessment
10:00 – Noon Gait Analysis/Assessment
13:00 – 16:00 Neurological Assessment
Day 4 – Sunday
08:00 - 16:00 Client Management Training
AMES CLIENT MANAGEMENT SESSION DATES
Client management sessions meet via livestreaming Zoom sessions!
March 6th – 6 Point Client Management System
March 13th – Medical History and Red Flag Assessment
March 20th - Histology for Medical Exercise Training
April 3rd - Functional Outcome Measures
April 17th – MET Communication & Documentation System
May 1st – MET Goniometric Assessment System
May 15th – MET Manual Muscle Testing System
May 29th – MET Gait Analysis System
June 12th – MET Posture & Imbalance Assessment System
June 26th – MET Gait & Balance Training System
July 10th – MET Neurological Assessment System
July 24th – MET Functional Assessment Scales
August 7th – MET Shoulder Regional/Functional Assessment System
August 21st – MET Elbow Regional/Functional Assessment System
September 11th – MET Hip Regional/Functional Assessment System
September 25th – MET Knee Regional/Functional Assessment System
October 2nd – MET Ankle Regional/Functional Assessment System
October 9th – MET Cervical Regional/Functional Assessment System
October 16th – MET Lumbar Regional/Functional Assessment System
October 23rd - Spinal Stability Assessment System
January 23rd – MET Scoliosis Management System
November 13th – MET Marketing System
November 27th – MET Medical Relationships System
December 11th – AMES Resident Presentations
December 18th - AMES Graduation
Upon completion of the AMES each graduate will receive formal recognition as an “Advanced Medical Exercise Specialist” (AMES). The credential is more than a lofty title – it separates recipients from their peers by acknowledging their demonstrated skill and understanding above normal within the area of medical exercise training. Those in possession of the AMES will go on to careers in:
- MET Teaching
- Facility Management
- Private Studio Owners
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Corporate Fitness
- Sportsmedicine Facilities
- And more!!
BENEFITS OF THE ADVANCED MEDICAL EXERCISE SPECIALIST:
- Develop advanced assessment skills and guidelines
- Better understand how and when to apply exercise
- Recognize the keys to progress or refer with any condition
- Use the MET practice management systems to increase revenue and referrals
- Understand client management techniques to manage the most complicated MET clients
- Remove all your doubts and reluctance when working with MET clients
- Gain the confidence to community with medical professionals
- Effectively write and send reports to medical providers and document MET sessions
- Consistently apply the appropriate exercise intensity for all medical conditions
- Easily identify the functional outcome measures to review to determine client progress
- Effectively develop short-term and long-term goals for your MET client
- Identify and review the impact of pharmaceuticals on client progression
- Understand how to identify red flags and when to refer to a medical professional
- Confidently identify and promote opportunities to attract MET clients and referrals
- Understand how and when to use social media to promote your outcomes and services
- Install and implement practice management systems to hire additional staff members
I am a AAHFRP/METI certified MES, PRCS or MEPD?
Yes ___ No (See Option 2)
YES, I want to join the ADVANCED MEDICAL EXERCISE SPECIALIST RESIDENCY and I am a AAHFRP/METI MES, PRCS or MEPD!!
(You will need your certification number to register)
If you do not have a certification number select the next option below
I ONLY want to attend the 4-Day AMES Workshop in Houston, TX
Advanced Medical Exercise Specialist Workshops – Houston, TX
March 31 - April 3, 2022
July 28 - 31, 2022
October 20 - 23, 2022
Medical Fitness Pros (MFP) of Houston, TX will host three 4-day workshop in 2022. MFP is one of the first facilities dedicated solely to medical exercise training. Since 2012, when it opened its doors, MFP has provided the best in MET services to the Houston community and medical professionals. Attend the AMES workshop and see how a real MET facility works. Seeing is believing and it will make a HUGE difference when you get back home!!
Register for the Advanced Medical Exercise Specialist Now!!
Don’t wait……medical exercise training will grow exponentially over the next 20 years. Here the stats:
- The most common total joint replacement procedure in the United States is the total knee replacement (about 700,000 a year) followed by total hip replacements (about 400,000 a year). Each of these clients requires MET after physical therapy is done.
- Spine surgeries have grown significantly in the past decade. 650,000 to 700,000 spinal surgeries are performed per year, roughly 280,000 to 300,000 are done on an outpatient basis. Each of these clients’ needs a supervised exercise program after physical therapy is over.
- It is estimated diabetes affects 30.3 million people in the United States. 73.6% of individuals aged 18 years or older with diabetes, also have hypertension. Each of these clients’ needs an ongoing exercise program and lifestyle education.
- The number of cancer survivors continues to increase because of the aging of the population as well as advances in early cancer detection and treatment. Most of these clients will need medical exercise training to return to their previous level of function after chemo, radiation or surgery. Each of these clients will benefit from medical exercise training.
- Every year, more than 795,000 people in the United States have strokes. About 610,000 of these are first time strokes. About 185,000 strokes occur in those with a previous stroke. 90% of these clients need a structured exercise program after PT and OT are concluded.
- Thousands of Covid – 19 survivors will need training to improve and restore their function.
Every indicator says…..Medical Exercise Training will grow well into 2030’s…are you ready??
You may attend the 4-day workshop as part of the AMES residency program or you may wish to attend JUST the workshop separate from the residency. Registration only for the AMES workshop is $1000. Scroll down to register!!
AMES 4-DAY WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Day 1 – Thursday
8 – 9 Intro
9 – 10:30 Medical History
10:30 – Noon Vital Signs
1 – 2 p Functional Outcome Measures
2 – 4:45 Manual Muscle Testing
5 – 7 Goniometric Measurements
Day 2 – Friday
8 – 10 MET Histology
10 – Noon MET Neurology
1 – 2 Joint Arthrokinematics
2 – 5 Functional Assessment Scales
6 – 8 MET Documentation/Communication
Day 3 – Saturday
8 – 10 Balance Assessment
10 – Noon Gait Analysis/Assessment
1 – 4 Neurological Assessment
Day 4 – Sunday
8 - 4 Client Mgmt Training