Thanks in advance for taking the time to complete the MET survey. This will give us an idea as to where and how MET services are delivered around the world.
Click the button below to start the MET survey.
Question 1 of 11
1. How would you describe yourself as a Medical Exercise Professional?
Beginner (1 - 2 years experience or less)
Experienced (3 years or more)
Manager (you oversee other medical exercise professionals)
Owner (you own and operate a MET practice or facility)
Question 2 of 11
2. What are the most common conditions you manage in your MET practice?
Total Joint Replacements (including full or partial replacements of the shoulder, knee and/or hip)
Cerebrovascular Accident (Stroke)
Shoulder Pathologies (including impingement, rotator cuff tear, dislocation, labrum tear, etc)
Knee Pathologies (including patello-femoral syndrome, meniscal tear, ACL rupture/sprain, MCL/LCL sprain, arthritis, etc)
Elbow, Wrist or Hand Pathologies (including carpal tunnel, golfer's or tennis elbow, Colles's fracture, etc)
Hip Pathologies (including arthritis, dislocation, labrum tear, bursitis, etc)
Spinal Pathologies (disc herniation, DJD, stenosis, laminectomy, fusion, scoliosis, spondylolethesis, etc)
Ankle/Foot Pathologies (including plantar fascitis, ankle fracture, ankle sprain, Achilles' tendon rupture, bone spurs, etc)
Psychiatric Pathologies (including depression and others)
Cancer Lesions (any region of the body)
Cervical Pathologies (including disc herniations, strains, torticollis, fusion, laminectomy, etc)
Question 3 of 11
3. Do you receive either written or verbal referrals from medical professionals? If yes, from whom have you received referrals?
Registered Dietician (RD)
Athletic Trainer (ATC)
Registered Nurse/Nurse Practitioner
Question 4 of 11
4. What is your fee per session for MET services?
$25 or less/session
$26 - $50/session
$51 - $100/session
$101 - $150/session
$150 or greater/session
Question 5 of 11
5. On average, prior to the impact of Covid 19) how many MET clients were you seeing per day?
1 - 2 MET clients/day
3 - 5 MET clients/day
More than 5 MET clients/day
Question 6 of 11
6. In what location(s) do you see most of your MET clients?
Small gym setting
Large health club
Physical therapy clinic
Skilled nursing facility
Corporate fitness center
Question 7 of 11
7. What changes have you made in your practice to adjust to the challenges of Covid 19?
Question 8 of 11
8. Have you received direct reimbursement from an insurance carrier for MET services you have provided to a client?
Question 9 of 11
9. Do you reference materials from the Medical Exercise Specialist program including videos, protocols, guidelines, etc to assist in the development of MET programs for your clients? Please explain below.
Question 10 of 11
10. How would you describe how your MES, PRCS or MEPD certification(s) have impacted your career?
Question 11 of 11
11. Please take a selfie holding your MES, PRCS or MEPD certificate and upload it here. If you like, we will post your selfie to our METI and MES Facebook pages and share a link to your website. Please send an email to [email protected] with your web address, a brief description of your practice and anything you'd like to share. Thanks!!