ADVANCED MEDICAL EXERCISE SPECIALIST
4-Day Workshop – Houston, TX
November 11 – 14, 2021
Medical Fitness Pros (MFP) of Houston, TX will host our 4-day workshop November 11 – 14, 2021.
MFP is one of the first facilities dedicated solely to medical exercise training.
Since 2012, when it opened its doors, MFP has provided the best in MET services to the Houston community and medical professionals.
Attend AMES and see how a real MET facility works. Seeing is believing and it will make a HUGE difference when you get back home!!
Don’t wait……medical exercise training will grow exponentially over the next 20 years. Here are the stats:
- The most common total joint replacement procedure in the United States is the total knee replacement (about 700,000 a year) followed by total hip replacements (about 400,000 a year). Each of these clients requires MET after physical therapy is done.
- Spine surgeries have grown significantly in the past decade. 650,000 to 700,000 spinal surgeries are performed per year, roughly 280,000 to 300,000 are done on an outpatient basis. Each of these clients’ needs a supervised exercise program after physical therapy is over.
- It is estimated diabetes affects 30.3 million people in the United States. 73.6% of individuals aged 18 years or older with diabetes, also have hypertension. Each of these clients’ needs an ongoing exercise program and lifestyle education.
- The number of cancer survivors continues to increase because of the aging of the population as well as advances in early cancer detection and treatment. Most of these clients will need medical exercise training to return to their previous level of function after chemo, radiation or surgery. Each of these clients will benefit from medical exercise training.
- Every year, more than 795,000 people in the United States have strokes. About 610,000 of these are first time strokes. About 185,000 strokes occur in those with a previous stroke. 90% of these clients need a structured exercise program after PT and OT are concluded.
- Thousands of Covid – 19 survivors will need training to improve and restore their function.
Every indicator says…..Medical Exercise Training will grow well into 2030’s…are you ready??
You may attend the 4-day workshop as part of the AMES residency program or you may wish to attend JUST the workshop separate from the residency. Registration for JUST the AMES workshop is only $800.
AMES 4-DAY WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Day 1 – Thursday (November 11th)
8am – 9am Intro
9am – 10:30am Medical History
10:30am – Noon Vital Signs
1pm – 2pm Functional Outcome Measures
2pm – 4:45pm Manual Muscle Testing
5pm – 7pm Goniometric Measurements
Day 2 – Friday (November 12th)
8am – 10am MET Histology
10am – Noon MET Neurology
1pm – 2pm Joint Arthrokinematics
2pm – 5pm Functional Assessment Scales
6pm – 8pm MET Documentation/Communication
Day 3 – Saturday (November 13th)
8am – 10am Balance Assessment
10am – Noon Gait Analysis & Assessment
1pm – 4pm Neurological Assessment
Day 4 – Sunday (November 14th)
8am - 4pm Client Mgmt Training