ADVANCED MEDICAL EXERCISE SPECIALIST Workshop 2024
Houston, TX - April 26 - 28
Washington, DC - May 17 - 19
New York, NY - June 21 - 23
The Advanced Medical Exercise Specialist Onsite (AMESO) Workshop is a 2.5-day deep dive into the application of assessment and exercise techniques to manage chronic medical conditions using only exercise. The AMESO workshop is for experienced medical exercise and fitness professionals who want to take their skill set, understanding, and practice to the next level.
The need for medical exercise training will grow exponentially over the next two decades. The development of advanced medical exercise professionals with higher level skills and understanding is vitally important. The Advanced Medical Exercise Specialist Workshop is designed to provide you with the advanced skills and techniques necessary to manage a wide range of challenging medical exercise training clients.
The first Medical Exercise Specialist workshop was conducted in 1994. Over the past 30 years health care systems around the world have continued to reduce the reimbursement of professional rehabilitation services. This has led to a greater need for experienced and well-trained medical exercise professionals. This need for medical exercise professionals will grow exponentially over the next two decades as the baby boomers begin to utilize medical services.
The AMESO workshop reviews advanced assessment techniques for every region/joint in the body. Each AMESO workshop participant receives full access to the Advanced MES Training Series. The AMES Training Series includes 22 clinical management video modules and other online AMES resources. See the Advanced Medical Exercise Specialist Training Series HERE. The AMESO workshop provides hands-on application of the techniques and concepts reviewed in the AMEST.
As you can see from the workshop schedule below, this is a very intense workshop. The skills reviewed are those in which every Medical Exercise Specialist must become proficient. Each AMESO Workshop participant receives the digital AMES eManual as well as workshop handouts.
Don’t wait……medical exercise training will grow exponentially over the next 20 years. Here are the stats:
- The most common total joint replacement procedure in the United States is the total knee replacement (about 700,000 a year) followed by total hip replacements (about 400,000 a year). Each of these clients requires MET after physical therapy is done.
- Spine surgeries have grown significantly in the past decade. 650,000 to 700,000 spinal surgeries are performed per year, roughly 280,000 to 300,000 are done on an outpatient basis. Each of these clients’ needs a supervised exercise program after physical therapy is over.
- It is estimated diabetes affects 30.3 million people in the United States. 73.6% of individuals aged 18 years or older with diabetes, also have hypertension. Each of these clients’ needs an ongoing exercise program and lifestyle education.
- The number of cancer survivors continues to increase because of the aging of the population as well as advances in early cancer detection and treatment. Most of these clients will need medical exercise training to return to their previous level of function after chemo, radiation or surgery. Each of these clients will benefit from medical exercise training.
- Every year, more than 795,000 people in the United States have strokes. About 610,000 of these are first time strokes. About 185,000 strokes occur in those with a previous stroke. 90% of these clients need a structured exercise program after PT and OT are concluded.
- Thousands of Covid – 19 survivors will need training to improve and restore their function.
Every indicator says…..Medical Exercise Training will grow well into 2030’s…are you ready??
Attend the AMES workshop and get the advanced skills/knowledge you need to grow your MET practice. REGISTER for the AMES workshop NOW!!!